• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nice surprise at the gun show

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman10

32 Cal.
Reaction score
this past weekend went to the gun show and a man had a thompson Seneca .36 sitting in the rack. Stock was nice and the blueing had a have thin places probably around 90%. bore seems good. was happy to get it at $175. havent had a chance to burn powder yet. but cant wait. :)

VERY good deal on kinda a rare item,mine is really accurate with PRB and 25-30gr Fffg Goex,I also have the MAXIBALL mold from TC NIP but have not cast any @ this point,Make smoke and enjoy :thumbsup:

Nice find,I'm jealous!! The tree rats are in trouble in your neck of the woods now!! :thumbsup:

That's a great deal! For some reason I see nice muzzle loaders going for next to nothing at the big gun shows. Lots of para-military rifles, etc, so there aren't many buyers for them. More for us!

gman10 said:
this past weekend went to the gun show and a man had a thompson Seneca .36 sitting in the rack. Stock was nice and the blueing had a have thin places probably around 90%. bore seems good. was happy to get it at $175. havent had a chance to burn powder yet. but cant wait. :)
That is a SWEET deal! My wife bought me a nice clean used Seneca .36 back in '02 and paid more than that!! Take good care of it. As far as I know, T/C does not have parts for them anymore.

BPS

Have to agree. Around My area of Western Washington, everyone seems to be dumping their T/C's and Traditional Side Locks for the new in lines. I have been a kid in a candy store. Besides the Mountain Rifle for $400, I also picked up 2 Hawken Rifles By T/C...First one for $200 and the next for $175. Good pickings for those of Us who enjoy steel and wood!!!!!! Oh Yeah, Both were in .50.

Cascade Pete said:
Have to agree. Around My area of Western Washington, everyone seems to be dumping their T/C's and Traditional Side Locks for the new in lines. I have been a kid in a candy store. Besides the Mountain Rifle for $400, I also picked up 2 Hawken Rifles By T/C...First one for $200 and the next for $175. Good pickings for those of Us who enjoy steel and wood!!!!!! Oh Yeah, Both were in .50.

The gun show two weeks back, You could have made a $200.00 profit easy. Even the old CVA Kentuckys were priced higher than that.

Back