• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nipple problem...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned early on that bending a hammer is pretty easy to accomplish with a bit of study as to which direction is needed for what is desired.

I used a torch, propane, to heat the small area that I wanted to bend it at. First mark the hammer where you want a small bend. Then REMOVE the hammer and place in a vise. Now heat it up on the mark and just barely bend it. Allow it to cool for handling ( not any water ) water will make it brittle and break where heated ... don't ask ... then reassemble and discover if you need more or a bend in a different location and repeat till the cup is square and centered on the nipple.

Also I would buy a new nipple first as those long tapered nipples are intended to use any cap and fire most of the time. Slixshot nipples are some of the best # 11 nipples and you can call em and talk through what your make n model is for the correct nipple. Track of the wolf is a great resource as well and they answer the phone call as well.

Back