• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohio Joe

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on this forum or someone you know enters the yearly, NMLRA Postal Match? This is my second year of entering it. The first year I shot so bad I just thought I'd save the postage and not mail back those pathetic results... I do look forward to the match each year as I live out in the middle of nowhere with the closest organized monthly shoot club 90 miles north and 90 miles south of me... Our local rendezvous club does have a spring shoot, and a chunk shoot, outside of having our annual doin's it's pretty sparse out this way for competitions... Tried to organize a monthly shoot some years back but the folks 'round here aren't interested in friendly competition... Most folks I talked to liked the idea, but they never showed up? After two years of that I decided there just was no interest in monthly shoots here so I enjoy the ones I can, and enter the yearly Postal Match.

I've entered it several times, won something every time but haven't entered for several yrs. Think I'll try again this yr. Won the whole thing in 2000.

Deadeye,,, Have they always used the animal targets? Last year and this year they are the same; bear, crow, deer, and fox... Congrads on your wins. :) Who knows, maybe this year I'll do better? :haha: (I hate the crow, deer and fox target's) :curse:

I don't remember exactly but believe they always use the animal targets and some bullseye and for the pistol I remember the bottle targets, didn't like them much. they have extra practice targets, good to have one of them in front of you when firing at the animals so you can tell where the 10 ring is. :winking:

You read my mind, Deadeye... I did purchase a set of practice targets with this years competition targets for that reason. I wasn't sure they'd be animal targets again, but I took a guess that they might be. Thanks for the tip. :)

Back