• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

no camo turkeys??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk

54 Cal.
Reaction score
anyone huntin' their turkeys without camo or in traditional wear??

i am. always hunt dressed traditional no matter the game,it's half the fun. movement or lack of is the key when turkey hunting,i did buy some sack cloth,dyed it green and made me a hood out of it to hide my face.

I try to get into the brush at the eadge of a medow ,the moving thing is right on .

do you use a decoy and call??

No camo for me with muzzleloader or longbow for that matter. Pay attention to your background and movement and it works fine.

DCP_0913-Copy-Copy.jpg

hawk 2 said:
I try to get into the brush at the eadge of a medow ,the moving thing is right on .

do you use a decoy and call??

i dont use decoys,but i have a little cedar scratchbox call that i use.

I have a little woodbox call too tried to use a wing bone but couldn't get it to sound right .

I dress primitive but I like to use modern decoys. I've been successful in the past without decoys but it's a lot easier to get em in range with the decoys.

Turkey_Gun.JPG

This one was taken without decoys.

turkey2.JPG

did you use your muzzle gun or your stick bow?

the dark brown shirt ,is it wool?

great picutres :thumbsup:

hawk 2 said:
I have a little woodbox call too tried to use a wing bone but couldn't get it to sound right .

dont feel bad,i cant get any sounds out of the two wingbone calls i have either,well not anything that sounds like a turkey.

I sorta figured you didn't use no camo GMB ...nice bird.

you get that rug dun yet?...lion rug that is.

It looks like you are wearing mocs and I see snow how do you keep your feet from freezing. I just got some mocs last summer and havent wore them much. But I have heard that they are hot in the summer and cold in the winter and slippery in the rain. I havent wore them to a shoot when it was cold I didnt want my feet to freeze but I would like to if I could stay warm.

40cal said:
It looks like you are wearing mocs and I see snow how do you keep your feet from freezing. I just got some mocs last summer and havent wore them much. But I have heard that they are hot in the summer and cold in the winter and slippery in the rain. I havent wore them to a shoot when it was cold I didnt want my feet to freeze but I would like to if I could stay warm.

DSCF3580.jpg

This was first morning of the season and it snowed 18 inches the day before but dawned sunny and warm.
I hunted in another pair of beefer mocs that were soaked by days end(it's all I brought) when I got back to camp I sliped on my camp lofers.

The next pic is last fall up in Montucky where the weather was a little more bearable

Did your feet freeze. If my feet get froze it aint any fun anymore. This winter I would like to wear my mocs hunting and shooting I havent tried them outside in the cold and snow yet. I dont want my feet to get cold. I guess I could take my boots also. And if you dont mind me asking what are camp lofers is it modern or period. Thanks.

I have no problem putting on my 16" L.L. Bean boots when the weather turns evil but I went turkey hunting with just my mocs. That spring storm was a freek, So I had to hunt in mocs.
No my feet wern't cold just wicked wet.
but back at camp was a nice fire waiting for me and all I had to do was put my wet mocs on a south facing stone and they dried out.

Back