• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckskinner

32 Cal.
Reaction score
December black powder hunting in northern Michigan was again cold. but it was very similar to regular firearm in that not many deer seen during the day. the first 2 days in camp the temps were 5F with stiff wind for the morning hunt. finally the next 2 days warmed up to 22F and it felt like spring ! but in the end, no deer in the freezer.

Seems to be happenin in alot of different places! :idunno:
I ain't talked to any happy hunters yet! (an I ain't talkin jus guys who've filled their tags,,I'm talkin guys who like to hunt an jus seenin deer makes it successful...can't wait fer N.Y.'s encon to tell us why................ :shake:
too dry..too warm..too much snow..not enough hunters...leaves too deep...not enough food..too much food... :hmm: we'll see...

:wink: they where in Ohio! Not so sure now it frigid & they snow is flying a bit... Seen a few during regular firearms season in my neck of the woods tagded one fat doe but primitive firearms is the weekend will see whats deer are still around they may have laid up down in Ky by now. Best of luck guys in your 2010 hunts.... :grin:

Not sure about other parts, but northern Illinois has lots of standing corn still. It was a wet fall and the corn didn't have time to dry out. Now the stalks have ice on them making it hard to harvest, plus deep snow. My immediate area was harvested pretty well, but I seen less deer than in years previous. :idunno:

Less Deer in Western Wv this year. I saw about 1/3 less than last year. And more than the normal amount of smaller skinny deer. No mast here. Larry Wv

Central Illinois is slow as well again we have standing corn, floods etc. Yesterday was a gun season day I saw no deer in the fields on the way to the timber. Today when there is no shooting you saw tons of deer out in the fields. Once they hear shooting they hide. Deer are smart and adapt quick or get shot. I wish I had some large track of ground to hunt and could still hunt.

I've had two horrible years myself where I haven't seen a single deer during the season. Oh sure, they walk right up to me during squirrel season....but not deer season. :idunno:

Back