• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Non-Toxic- shot-Geese& Ducks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbutch

58 Cal.
Reaction score
The Early goose season opens up here in Wisconsin Sept. 1st. The decoys have been repainted next week I can get on the lake to build my blind.
I have 7 lbs of #2 Heavi-shot on the way. I'll be shooting a Pedersoli DBL 10 ga. choked.
In October For ducks it will be Heavi-shot 6"s,Nice-shot 5 and 6's, as a last resort I have some generic steel in 3 shot. Any Migratory bird hunters out there have any hands on experience with any other Non-Toxic shot? I Have had good pattern sessions with the heavi-shot and nice shot. Thanks for sharing..

I have been shooting #5 Hevi-Shot, and just got a bag of ITX #4 shot in the other day. Need to get out and shoot it.

ITX is available at Ballistic Products

What shot cups if any are you using? I have a 12 ga. version of the Pedersoli double.

In the 12 ga. I was using BPI- multi-metal wads-also from bpi- a bp12- wad -pink ribbed with a bpgs multi purpuse gas seal. I used the 12 ga load for turkey hunting. check out my post-706585 on 4-11-09 for details.
My Pedersoli bore mic's small I cannot use the 10 ga. multi-metal wad in mine. so check your bore before ordering wads.

Back