• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

noob intro

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMan

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and the sport, sort of. I shot a little bp when I was younger. not for years though and it was a Purcussion CVA kit made cheapo.
I have been to a rendevous or two and have a friend that is into this.
I decided (my wife aggreed also) that I needed a hobby because all I ever do is work.
I just bought a Traditions PA pellet, left handed flintlock. I have no intention of using the pellet part of it though. I liked the look of the rifle though. I am told it is a good starter rifle. Not too expensive, but pretty good quality. I paid 253 with shipping.
I am looking forward to learning a lot from this group. Already have in fact! I read here to use wood to dry fire and see if you flinch, which I didn't. :yakyak: ok, enough from me for now.
MM

MountainMan : Welcome To The Camp!!
Glad you found us!! :thumbsup: Your right,
there's lot's of information here. Make sure you
have something soft to sit on. Sometimes I've
been sitting here for hours, enjoying everything
there is about muzzleloading.
When I got into Black Powder I got a T/C 54cal
Hawken percussion rifle. I liked the way it
looked. And it shoots great too. Anyway, again
Welcome to the Camp!! :hatsoff: Mtn-Man2u

MountainMan,
Welcome to the MLF glad to have you
on board. Lots of great folks and information to
help with your journey into the past. You have
an interesting home/page. -18 degrees!!!! Makes
it feel like a heat wave here in Ohio at +20.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

welcome.

You are among some of the most knowledgeable BP junkies in the world. Great to have you with us.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been sitting by the fire listening to what I can. I am enjoying it. I will try to be active, but my knowledge is such that I will lurk and ask I think :)

Without this site I would have thrown my ML in a box and never looked at them again. (due to bad info from others) This site is great! Have fun!

Latest posts

Back