• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Not a total disaster!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not burning black for a week or two is to long.
However it was raining and very damp out but undeterred I proceeded. Proceeded to miss every pheasant and have miss fires and get fizzes in the pan!

Jess was a star, she hunted good but I and the gun failed her.
The only consolation was a squirrel.
I saw a good deal of life today and it was great, even had a peregrine swoop in front of me!

On the way back I got a wood pigeon and reloaded, I will see what tomorrow brings.

The picture.

B.

Black Hand said:
Just a question - Why the face-mask?
I find I can sneak up on stuff alot better than with a huge white face! Obvious really.
Sometimes I will sit and wait. Having my face covered helps to be unnoticed.

B.

Britsmoothy said:
Black Hand said:
I find I can sneak up on stuff alot better than with a huge white face! Obvious really.
Most people remove their facemasks when taking a picture. I was uncertain whether it was a way to protect your identity (knowing the repressive and ridiculous firearm laws in your country), though I'd seen other pictures of you with similar game without a facemask.

So no, not obvious really... :wink:

Black Hand said:
Britsmoothy said:
Black Hand said:
Most people remove their facemasks when taking a picture. I was uncertain whether it was a way to protect your identity (knowing the repressive and ridiculous firearm laws in your country), though I'd seen other pictures of you with similar game without a facemask.

If I wanted to hide my identity, I would not be in any photographs, face covered or not.

We may have strict firearms laws but nothing beats the states for hunting laws in my opinion and California! Well, let's no go there hey!

Hey, if I wish to be photographed with a mask or with out, it is my privilege and be it for hunting or as you suggest, it is still my privilege.
Many Americans use masks when hunting too, is it because they are poaching? :doh:

B.

Britsmoothy said:
Black Hand said:
Britsmoothy said:
Black Hand said:

If I wanted to hide my identity, I would not be in any photographs, face covered or not.

We may have strict firearms laws but nothing beats the states for hunting laws in my opinion and California! Well, let's no go there hey!

Hey, if I wish to be photographed with a mask or with out, it is my privilege and be it for hunting or as you suggest, it is still my privilege.
Many Americans use masks when hunting too, is it because they are poaching? :doh:

B.
It was just a question... :confused:

I wear one turkey,and bow hunting. May have to try it squirrel hunting too. I had to google wood pigeon. Had never heard of them :grin:

That's just plain silly, Brits. I would be embarrassed to wear such a rig. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Spence

I bet that gun handles like a dream in the woods. Have a half stock fowler that is very similar, and it is a pleasure to carry around.

Thanks for sharing your stories.

Silky921 said:
I bet that gun handles like a dream in the woods. Have a half stock fowler that is very similar, and it is a pleasure to carry around.

Thanks for sharing your stories.
It is, very light and a fast lock but dang, I can not wing shoot it as good as my Kentucky or the trade gun :doh:

B.

Back