• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD - Pending funds Odd tomahawk, $40 shipped to lower 48

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is an odd style and I don't really know the history. I've heard the shape called a Cherokee style hawk. The handle shown I do not think is original but I find the round eye odd. It may have been nickel plated at one time. I'm pretty sure it's steel rather than iron because of the slight mushrooming on the butt end. Anyway, if you
Tomahawk 1.jpg
Tomahawk 2.jpg
think you can use it let me know. USPO Money Order only.

Further research indicates this tomahawk is probably an item that was marketed as the Balanced Throwing Tomahawk and was made in Europe probably in the 60's or 70's. It's a pretty good copy of the Lewis tomahawk made by the Sheldon Wells Company, Kinzua, PA. in the 40's and 50's. Sheldon Wells made these during WW2 for the Army but unfortunately this is NOT one of those examples. Still, it is a traditional style.

Back