• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ok guys, it ain't big but it's meat...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are having awful weather here this week, rain/wind, more rain more wind, don't want to stop. I also have a family member in the hospital so we had to get home asap. So I didn't waste much time in filling my two tags.

Found a nice spot to set up my Ameristep blind and at 8:30 am yesterday morning I had 5 deer out infront of me at 40 yards. I picked out the biggest one and hoped like hell my rifle would fire in the damp drizzle. It did! :: and dropped him like a sack of patatos with a spine shot. Only weighed 80lbs hog dressed but hey its a buck and its gonna eat good.

At 4:45 pm I filled my anterless tag with another 80lber. She was broadside and I shot her just about center in the lungs, she only went ten yards and dropped. Unfortunately we didn't get any pic's of her. It down poured not 2 minutes after it was dressed and upon checking it in, the head was cut off for a CWD study one the Biologist is doing.

Two shots...two deer....its still raining, we are home and I'm trying to dry out! :thumbsup:

pi20051.jpg

Looks and sounds to me like it was a GREAT hunting trip! Hope you have many more.

Othern

Nothing like fresh young ones for the table! Good shooting and congrats! :front:

Britches

Nice shootin'! As fer as I'm concerned, they're all trophys. Good memories to keep too.

I admire you're Harpers Ferry and I also admire you're spunk. :hatsoff:

we ate one just about like him last year. Some of the best venison I ever had, just not much of it. Good job and enjoy a steak for me. :front:

I used 90 gr of 3F Swiss with a bore button on top and a .54 Hornady .530 ball wrapped in a bear greased .18 pillow tick patch. :thumbsup:

My hats off to you Swamp Rat - thats the way to do it Congts :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Swamp Rat, you made meat the old fashioned way, and you owe no one an apology! Well done, and enjoy those backstraps! :thumbsup:

Way to go Swamp Rat!
I have had my eye on one that's not much different than the one you got.I hope he aint been shot in the 15 days I still got to wait for my season.
I'll bet them Back straps tasted good!

Back