• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ol red sparks some bunnies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armymedic.2

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Took the old beagle out today. Izzy is nine years old and way slowed down. Perfect pace for a fowler hunt. She did well today, my brother had his dog as well. Dogs ran around ten. We saw five. Shot at four and got them all. My two with the fowler i built a couple years ago. Great day, great dog even though she takes alot of convincing to go in the thick stuff these days. "Ill just scent check it from here dad " she says

armymedic.2 said:
Took the old beagle out today. Izzy is nine years old and way slowed down.

I'm glad Izzy was able to get out & spend the day with you, :hatsoff: Here's to many more!

My two basset hounds are coming up on 12 (Buddy) & 11 (Paladin). Now it's 1/2 day hunts then limping and sore for two days after :( I don't take them out with anyone but family or mostly by my self so the hunt can end when they need it to. I'll keep taking them as long as it makes them happy :wink:

I sure hope someone will do the same for me when I'm to the point of limping along on half day hunts.

Sean, no problem brother...I'll be glad to take ye on some hunts...as long as ye can still git into them briers and root them rabbits out...how are ye at retrieving? :wink:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good hunt now that's gettin "er" done.Congrats.Of all the dogs i've had my beagle was one of the best.Rest your sole old Elmer.Griz

I really enjoy venison, but there is nothing like spending the day with a beagle and a smoothbore flinter. Great job. And looks delicious.

I see the way it looks steep. Its actually a pond edge. Ur seeing ice. Not distant treetops but it totally does look like that

Load: 70 grains ffg
Half a lubed fiber wad
90 grains six shot
One thin overshot card. This load gets me tree rats out to forty or so. Perty good with no choke. Lucked out i guess

Recipe: U saw it midway. I salt pepper garlic powder and paprika rubbed them. Seared on a hot pan with olive oil. Then set them into chicken stock with peppers and onions at 325 for one hour. Then picked off the meat and put it into diced tomatoes with minced garlic and oregano and tyme. With some drippings from the oven cooking. Simmered that for abour forty five minutes. Then served it over egg noodles

Oh man was that great

armymedic.2 said:
I see the way it looks steep. Its actually a pond edge. Ur seeing ice. Not distant treetops but it totally does look like that

Wow, that picture had me totally fooled! Glad that at least someone else could see what I was thinking I saw! :youcrazy:

Love the picture of the kids! They like your cooking!!! Looking at the final dish, I think I would too.

Back