• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old 1860 PIetta parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scota4570

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a 1982 Pietta 1860 revolver that was made from a kit. The locking bolt screw/pin was ruined by the guy who first attempted to assemble the revolver.

Are Pietta screws the same as Colt etc? I see I can buy a whole screw kit specifically for Pietta for $25, a singe generic 1860 locking bolt screw is about $5.

Thanks

Not likely. The Colt was probably made by Uberti and Uberti and Pietta screws won't interchange. Any of the screws that I have tried were different pitch and diameter.

Before you do buy the screw set call up VTI gun parts and talk to them - might save you some money -- . :v

Another thing, over the years the manufacturers have made slight changes to their guns.
So no guarantee a newer screw will fit.
It could be a trial and error thing.
I'd find me a machine shop first that can determine the thread pitch, diameter and length first.
And even then it may not be an exact fit.

I try to keep parts on hand like this when I find them.

Back