• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Navy Arms 1858

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millermpls

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Complete newbie here. I acquired an old used Navy Arms Remington repro. It seems solid, but the finish indicates a fair amount of use. I understand that there were a variety of manufacturers, and that there is no reference for serial numbers. If true, am I rolling the dice on replacement nipples and/or the size of percussion cap? Or do they all pretty much use the same? Any advice is appreciated.

They're all pretty much the same, :wink:

Replacement parts can be found at;
Deer Creek Products
VTI
Dixie Gun Works and others
All mail order outfits and affordable.
In Elk River there's a place called Track of the Wolf.
They don't stock a lot of revolver parts but nipples are common fodder for most supply houses.

what necchi said. In fact, I've always found the older guns to have much lighter springs and smoother actions. Like to think it's a matter of having taken more time then but who knows. If the action is tight and they haven't been overly abused, I prefer the older guns. :thumbsup:

I have one and the factory finish was not great from the get go! The one that I have shoots well.

Geo. T.

Back