• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Style / New Style T/C Hammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7shortmag

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Can anyone post a pic of the old style vs. new style T/C/ flintlock hammer?
I would like to see them for comparison
Thanks

I don't have a picture of the old style, but I sent my rifle back to TC and they switched them.

There is a small difference in the bend, of the cock, and the frizzen is case hardened. The new frizzen is solid black.

Here is a photo of the OLD STYLE TC lock.

Note the more "S" like shape of the cock with more of an undercut just above the screw.

No. It's not mine.
Yes. Whoever owns it has the flint installed incorrectly.

oh no!!!

not the dreaded bevel up / bevel down question, for it is well known as a storied fact (i read it on the internet, even) that if you put the little rock thingie wrong ways up, your

dog will run off

the bank will repo your double wide

your mom will go to prison

your girlfriend will end up her cell mate

the dealer will seize your pick- up truck

your hangover will never go away

... and your private parts will shrivel up and fall off. ... no, really, i know this guy who says that he knew a fellow who heard of it in a bar late one night...

I wasn't talking about bevel up or bevel down.

It just looked to me like the blunt edge of the flint was towards the frizzen and a sharper edge is buried in the leather at the rear.

Back