• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

One for the cannon disasters page

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Briggs

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I read it, but I couldn't believe it.

Football Cannon

Forget about how everybody is mad at the kid...

It says that they x-ray tested the cannon and found a stress fracture AND THEY WERE SHOOTING IT ANYWAY!

I hope that kid sues them into obliteration.

Ahhh lets see, ask the school for their insurance carrier. That will cover the bills.
Ask who did the Xray and who was notified?

Tell the kid you really understand who your friends are when the SHTF..

I have many other comments but... :shake:

When he sues, part of the settlement should be a demand of no more cannons at that school. That should teach that town somethin....

Swamp Rat said:
When he sues, part of the settlement should be a demand of no more cannons at that school. That should teach that town somethin....

I agree Swampy, if the folks aren't responsible enough to recognize the import of that xray, then they don't deserve a cannon anyway. :bull:
If I was that parent, I'd sue 'em into the last century. especially if that article's information is correct.

sounds to me like some one was using smokeless instead of b-p. we had that happen a few years ago a cannon made up out of pipe with a welded breach. was doing ok with b-p then some one got the idea fro smokeless. it blew up killed one messed up 2 more.

Oh yeah, that is just what we need another lawsuit about guns!
Old Charlie

It is not about guns Charlie; it is about incompentence, greed and a group of self serving buttholes!
If they , the town would have rallied around this kid at the time of the accident and afterwards; then I'm sure legal action would not be waiting in the wings.
Instead the town leadership, and the person who let a defective peice of equipment be used needs to be removed.
If it were you or I who had harmed a child, on school grounds because of a defect in our equipment ...you can bet every dollar we've ever made...That every danged ATF,FBI and social services thug would be standing in line to file their charges against us.

The 1st charge should be to the person who authorised the used of a defective cannon is "endangering the welfare of a child"..then move on up the line to intentional maiming.

It is not about guns and lawsuits...it is about the ever increasing incompetence in civic leadership. Incompetence we all have to live with and tollerate on a daily basis that hides behind rules and regulation only some of us have to abide by.

Bill

I wouldn't live in that town if they GAVE me a house . I couldn't beleive what I was reading ! If I was that boy's father , I would find a good lawyer , and get the heck out of that poor excuse for a town . From what I got out of the article , I think they loaded it with smokeless powder . Smokeless or not , I would not shoot my rifle if I knew it had a hairline crack in it , nevermind a cannon :shocked2: ! :youcrazy:

theres always a greedy idiot that thinks money is more important than lives...
I mean, a couple of grand for a decent cannon or a boys leg - what a no brainer! :cursing:

Since I can't say anything about these towns people without resorting to fowl languge I will calm myself and only say this. Why did they bother to x-ray the cannon if they weren't going to do anything about the findings?

50 cal Frank said:
I read it, but I couldn't believe it.

Football Cannon

Forget about how everybody is mad at the kid...

It says that they x-ray tested the cannon and found a stress fracture AND THEY WERE SHOOTING IT ANYWAY!

I hope that kid sues them into obliteration.

Can you say Criminal Negligence or Gross Negligence? That cannon should have at the very least been spiked and cemented. And I never realized just how badly injured this young man was until now. Somebody definitely needs to pay.
CP

Back