• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

One pole pyramid or hunters tent ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curmudgeon74

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any expierence with these one pole pyramid tents ?

I'am looking at 12X12 the one Panther sells.

I have one that from another dealer but it's not square and there is some wasted space- alot.

Looking to see what others that have owned one or used one thought of them ?

Anyone ever use a stove in one ?

Not looking for any documentation or PC of this tent, just the practicality & ease of set-up.

Thanks

Picked one up at the SWRR at Nocona last year and been to a few vous with it
I got the 12 X 12 in 13 oz sfr with the sod cloth and tie in floor and extra door along with the fly and the set up package
The first thing I found out is I can't get the wife's queen sized bed in it with the center pole up
The next thing I found out is even with the door tied shut,the cats found a way inside
I found out that if you stake it down SQUARE then you won't have any problems
I wished that I had waited until I had a little more funds to get the next bigger size
I am looking at other ways to set it up other than the one pole and two pole ways
I like mine because you can set it up quickly with just 4 stakes and be dry in a rain storm
Hope this answers a few of your questions

I camp by myself. I have a ten by ten Don Strinz pyramid. I set it up with a center pole. I love it. I drilled the center pole and put in a few dowels and hang my stuff on it. I can set it up with all the stakes around and with the floor in just a half an hour. I have a fly that I put up sometimes that is self standing. Not attached to the tent. I have been in weekend long rains and stayed dry. Plenty of room for a second person, but I don't like to camp with anyone. The Strinz pyramid has steeper walls than some.
https://www.strinztipi.com/estore/

wb

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Redhawk Trading 12X12 single pole and its a nice tent. I bought it with a tipi door and would probably not do that again. A regular flap door allows you to get in nice and close to a fire, not so with the tipi door.

Also, I had an awning sewed onto the tent. More often than not I do not use the awning. Rolled and tied up on the tent its pretty heavy. Probably would get a tied on awning setup if I had to do it again.

Like has been said, stake it down and pop up the center pole and your done, pretty quick and easy. I found some two piece wood poles from a military surplus type tent and cut them to length for my tent. I've got a buddy who puts his up with two long outside poles, but its a little more hassle. Good luck!

I really enjoy 10X10 pyramid from Red Hawk Trading. I prefer the tee-pee style door to the flap due to being able to keep the tent better staked down. But that is personal preference for everyone. I also have my awning sewn on. It does add a little more weight, but with the floor, tent and awning it only weighs 45 lbs. The one thing that you might want to look at is to get the pole loops at the top of the tent. It gives you the option of stringing the tent up instead of having the center pole in the tent.

12 x 12 RK, with tie on awning. Very happy, fast set up in rain as said is a big plus. Never seem to be able to fold it the same each time though,, :grin:

Yes, they put a smoke hole in'm. The size of the stove used is an issue.

Plenty of room really, we use cot's too, so that takes floor because of the hight, but there is under cot storage space.

They move with the temp swings, set it up cold and the canvis will sag in the heat. Set it up hot and it really pulls the canvis at night in the cold. Easy fix with pole position, you just have to watch it. The RK lodges come with a top ring for rope to sling over a branch with the 12x and smaller.

I have a 5'x5' one-pole tent. I suppose I could sleep diagonally in it, but the pole would be in my navel, which isn't especially comfortable.
Probably good for storage, or to put a couple of short Scouts in, if they didn't bring much gear (the way our troop prefers it).

I ended up buying a wedge from Panther and boy were they great to deal with.

thanks everybody :thumbsup:

I have 2, a 10x10 with a stove hole and use with 1 pole or hang it to a branch, good one for hunting. The other is 12x12 from Red Hawk with the teepee door and sawn on awning, came with a floor which also makes a good diamond fly. I use 2 outside poles, easy setup, lots more room and when the tent sags it's easy to push the poles in closer and smooth out the sags. Good one for rondys.
Deadeye

Latest posts

Back