• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opening day of squirrel season..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great hunt guys, glad you had fun :thumbsup: ...we can't hunt the bushy tails for 15 more days...but me and the boy are ready to start our yearly friendly competition. The one with the most squirrels each day gets to sit and watch the other do the skinning :wink: of course he get's to have a cold beverage and give all sorts of helful advice to the skinner as well :haha:

Thanks everybody for the wishes and the envy...

Lorren68 - good luck on the weekend.
I was pretty happy that Roy could make it happen since my gun is not fit for shooting as you know.

Now I get the idea why this squirrel thing is addictive - I had a very good time and it's always good to get to met new friends.

Roy, thank you again!!

Guess what I'll have for dinner tonight ...

Silex :grin:

Congrats Silex, glad to see you were able to hook up on a squirrel hunt. My hats off to ya Roy :hatsoff:

Ohhhhh....and Happy Birthday Silex!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Squirrel season started on the 15th here. I can't wait to get out there with my rifle!

Unfortunately, not together, because Roy was packing for the CLA show.
I am very thankful that he took the time to take me out. It was wonderful time and I learned a lot. Now a lot of things I read here on the forum about squirrel hunting make sense to me - not that I would be able to apply this at home. Believe it or not: no squirrel hunting in Germany.

Actually I enjoyed a lager (or two) along with the meal. I kinda experimented with the recipe (not a full kitchen and supplies in a hotel): parboiled them until tender than stripped and shortly fried/browned them in butter with some salt, cayenne pepper and a drop of honey - would have preferred maple syrup but didn't want to buy a whole bottle.

Yumm - I am afraid - I'll have to do this again :grin:

Silex

Wow.
Thanks for the photo.
And so it begins, another hunting season.

I am looking forward to all the stories and photos.

PJC

:thumbsup: I wish we had more time and could have made more of a day of it..

cynthialee said:
I was just teasing.
You look very happy. Must have had a good time.
:haha:

Sorry been away for the last couple days. It was fun. :thumbsup:

Normally for two people I will serve 3-4 squirrels depending on size... of course this also depends on what I am serving them with. :thumbsup:

I'm really glad you did squeeze it in - it was a wonderful time - and probably a once in a lifetime thing for me...
Whenever you get across the pond give me a shout, we might be able to arrange something, too.

The other part though is - he did a good job on letting me use Jane - now the looks, that weight or lack thereof and balance makes you start thinking :thumbsup:

Silex

I will probably go out again either this evening or tomorrow.. :grin: They are in the Hickory trees now so sort of easy to locate them.

We here in Pa. must wait till mid-October to start hunting squirrels, however Dove season opens the first of September.

Vern

Funny how the squirrel seasons differ in various parts of the country. :hmm:
It opens in mid-May down in Oklahoma and June up here in Kansass.

Back