• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opinions/Thoughts on the Armi Sport 1863 Sharps Military Percussion carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason60chev

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Hello Friends,
Have been considering a Sharps Carbine. So many factors and levels of quality, etc, make the choice,
well, not so difficult, but concerning.

Am seeking opinions and thoughts, advice, from other Sharps shooters about the Armi Sport Sharps percussion
carbine......quality, workmanship.....does the firearm function, etc,etc.

and

While I am here......

Do any IAB shooters have that Carbine but with a .515groove diameter? If so, what bullet do you use?

Thanks.

Hello Friends,
Have been considering a Sharps Carbine. So many factors and levels of quality, etc, make the choice,
well, not so difficult, but concerning.

Am seeking opinions and thoughts, advice, from other Sharps shooters about the Armi Sport Sharps percussion
carbine......quality, workmanship.....does the firearm function, etc,etc.

and

While I am here......

Do any IAB shooters have that Carbine but with a .515groove diameter? If so, what bullet do you use?

Thanks.
I once had an old one but its a breach loader I don't think the forum regards breach loaders but I have no sensible objection (Got some ridiculous ones but they don't count !)
Regards Rudyard

I once had an old one but its a breach loader I don't think the forum regards breach loaders but I have no sensible objection (Got some ridiculous ones but they don't count !)
Regards Rudyard

Forum Rule No. 7 does allow this discussion: “Early historic breech loading guns that do not use primed metallic or semi-metallic cartridges and meet the requirements of rule #1 are permitted for discussion.” There are additional rules regarding breech loaders at the bottom of the rules page. Rules are here: FORUM RULES.

On the other hand, a discussion of "breach loaders" might be a violation of the Terms of Service Agreement, Paragraph 5.2, second bullet. 😬

Strongly suggest you go to the N-SSA.org bulletin boards for in-depth discussions of the percussion Sharps carbines and rifles. Those boys really know their stuff and on all the manufacturers.

Latest posts

Back