• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ordered a .32 Deerhunter today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Always interested in small game cal. I orderd today a .32 Trad. Deerhunter.

Regards

Kirrmeister

No, it is a own model from Traditons, called small game hunter. It is similar to the Deerhunter, only in .32.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I prefer this model over the Crockett because it does not have the problem of your cleaning jag getting stuck in the patent breech like the Crockett does.

I tried to find it on the Traditions website and the only 32 I see is the Crockett.

They may not be offered in the US any more. I know that they were in the bargain section a couple of years ago - .32 with a synthetic stock at that time.

The .32 caliber is a great small game rifle, easy to carry afield and it is fun to shoot. :thumbsup:

Hey Dave, Check out Deer Creek Products-765-525-6181,They have a deer hunter in .32 cal for $230 or they have the kit for $189. They can be hard to get ahold of but are great people to deal with.

Hi Dave,

check also Log Cabin Shop. There they offer it too. On Taditions site I saw it 2 weeks ago still.
But there they have not all possible rifles offered.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Oh I have various possibilities!

- redfox
- rabitt
- badger
- crow and similar ones
- doves
- marder

I think when using a conical even roedeer at close distance will be possible.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I'd like to have a 32 or 36 with a short barrel... Bad eyes...anyway I have an old CVA I converted into a 32 by drilling the barrel out and inserting a 32 caliber sleeve. Shoots ok but a bit muzzle heavy..has a 1 inch barrel. I looked at the Crockett too much money for the quality of the gun.I'd have to changed out the lock.Ssettle :v

I had to look up "marder"

mardlo.jpg

YOWZER!

You're gonna need a bigger rifle! :shocked2:

Hope you enjoy the rifle. I had a .32 at one point and it was a dandy little bore size for woodchucks and sitting rabbits.

Something like our pine martin, perhaps?

pinemartin-400h-jm.jpg

Ayuh. That is a pine marten. Yesterday morning I drove down the dirt road to one of my hunting spots and had a fisher or locally refered to as fisher cat run across in front of the truck. They are amazing in their tenacity. The next thing up is the wolverine in the weasel family. Fishers can be quite vicious.

Kirrmeister said:
Oh I have various possibilities!

- redfox
- rabitt
- badger
- crow and similar ones
- doves
- marder

I think when using a conical even roedeer at close distance will be possible.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Isn´t a crow now a singing bird in the EU and protected ? :grin:

Everyone:

IMO, only someone who thinks Rap is music would think that a crows call is singing.

CAW--CAW----CAW :rotf:

You are right!

A crow and all other crowlike birds are belonging to the singing birds. But in the german hunting law the states have the possibility to make exceptions and Bavaria did. So we can hunt these crowbirds from July to March.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Back