• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ordered a .32 Deerhunter today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cal.43 said:
Isn´t a crow now a singing bird in the EU and protected ? :grin:
it's "protected" here in the US as well. Back when the US and Mexico were two different places there was some sort of agreement between the two where we promised to protect their national bird. So, here in TN we aren't supposed to shoot them Mon-Thursday (not that I've ever heard of that being enforced.)

Check you local regs--don't want to get "Barney Fifed" over a rappin crow.

The seasons on Crows are regulated by the same treaties that regulate migratory waterfowl. I don't believe the crow is a national bird of any country, but it is consumed as food in the poorer rural areas of Mexico. In order to get Mexico to limit the killing of wintering ducks and geese, we had to agree to put limits on shooting crows. That is why the bounties disappeared, and the open, unprotected, shooting of crows ended in the late 1950s.

I think we got the better part of the deal.

Basically, Crows cannot be killed during nesting season. The last time I looked, crow season opened on July 1 until Aug. 15, then reopened Dec. 15 and closed March 1. There are no limits on the number of birds that can be killed during those "seasons". The Federal Government works with each state to pick the dates and limits on each protected species, and the states do most of the enforcement.

Latest posts

Back