• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ordered a rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To judge by my 50 cal. GPR, you are going to love yours. Shultz's instructions for working up a load are great but I agree with Billnpatti as far as cleaning. I've followed the same hot water process for years and my BP guns have never had a spot of rust and are always reliable. Have fun with the new toy.

Jeff

I shot it some today. It already groups well and sub 90 grains triple 7 it has no thump at all. About twenty more shots and I figure I should be able to start really dialing it in. It shoots right right now but after shot 15 or so the started moving left so it may true up some. The first couple of wads I recovered and they were cut. The last few were not.

Back