• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Original Accountrements

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. I wanted to re-post these photos with a partial description emailed to me last night. Incredible. :bow: Enjoy. Rick.
PULVER1Medium.jpg

PULVER2Medium.jpg

PULVER3Medium.jpg

Here is the partial description I received...
Rick.

The larger frog of yellowish color, Nuremberg, ca. 1580, the plicated pouch retaining a beech wood compartment drilled for four paper cartridges two of which are still present, the lead balls now oxidized to a greyish white, as well as some tow and a portion of matchcord, each preserved in its separate leather compartment; together with a caliverman's flask, Nuremberg, ca. 1580, and of unusually good quality, the wooden body retaining much of its original red paint and fitted with well wrought iron mounts, the bottom mount containing a very rare additional ball reservoir with a spring loaded lid and one ball still present, now oxidized to a greyish white.

The smaller frog of grey suede, Nuremberg, ca. 1600, the pouch probably meant for reserve balls, the reverse with an old inventory number in red ink; together with a plain caliverman's flask, Nuremberg, early 17th century, the blackened body of fir wood with plain and thin iron mounts.

Displayed together with two musketeers' bandoliers, ca. 1600, and a bundle of original matchcord, all from my collection; more on these rare accouterments to follow soon.

400 year old fragile leather and textile items range among the greatest rarissimae.

Thank you so very much for posting these pictures. They are a real joy. If you have others, we would love to see them.

Thanks again,
Yancey

Just received this photo.
He says this is: A "few" more Wheellock Spanners from his collection. Note the one in the background he describes as a very rare "adjustable" priming flask/spanner combination. Circa 1620. Enjoy. :wink: Rick.

RADSCH4.jpg

Back