• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Orion barrel...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Etienne Brule

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi,

I am about to buy a 45 cal ML with a barrel which has been made by a company by the name of "ORION".

This ML is a great long range shooter, up to 1,000 yards !! She has won many international long range ML tournaments

She eats conical of 500 grains with 90 grains of Goef FFg. And she has a twist of 1:18 .

I am looking for informations on the "Orion Cie". This company does not seem to still be alive.

I would be very pleased if somebody could post some informations on this barrel.

Great forum ! Thank you

Etienne Brule

I don't think they are still being made. Seems like they changed names to Montanna Barrel Co when the guy sold the machinery ? Or vica-versa.

Last Orion barrel I had was a .72 cal. I also had a McCoy longrifle with a 42" .36 cal barrel on it.
J.P.Gunstocks used to have them on some of their rifles, and they too are out of business.

Orion barrels were made in Kalispell, Montana. Ain't heard nuthin' about 'em since about '03.

Jerry Cunningham owned and operated Orion Rifle Barrel Co.until becoming ill and is no longer making barrels :(
He was also known as Montana Rifle Barrel Co. before selling the buisness and later reopening as Orion.
His barrels were top notch :thumbsup:

I still have a Hawken that I built with a Orion Barrel by Cunningham on it. No complaints at all from me on Cunningham's barrels. I used his barrels back when he was both Montana and Orion.

Jerry Cunningham made totally awesome barrels when he was in the business. Sadly he hasn't been making them for some time now.

I have two of Jerry Cunningham's Orion barrels. Wish I had gotten more. They are top of the line. Leon

Back