• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Out of the ordinary

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Huddleston that is absolutely gorgeous!

That dripping sound you hear is droll.

That sound you heard was my jaw hitting the floor. Holy &*%$# Cow!!!!
Woody

this is sort of depressing really. makes my work seem so sub standard and dull. i will never be as skilled as the guy who put that piece together. im gonna go get a beer and a bag of chips and reflect just how meaningless my life really is.
that gun is amazing.

This gun is only half done. I still have to engrave all the metal and do the gold work on it.
It will take a year to engrave it and do the multi colored gold work.

Are you building this for someone, or is it for yourself?

Just out of curiosity. What would you charge for a gun like that?

That is messed up, insane handcraft. :surrender:

I checked out other work of mr. Huddleston. Very impressive.
http://www.jwh-flintlocks.ne

Wow! Please explain some of the details; metal finishes, locks, furniture, barrels and regulation etc.

Sir, having handled one of your rifles and of course viewing photo's of your work, your mastery of ALL aspects of gun making leaves me without adequate words to describe the the artistry of your work...God has truly blessed you. :hatsoff:

Hi Jerry,
Gorgeous work. I enjoy the design with its variation in color and texture. I'll reserve final judgement until after you finish the engraving, but I bet you would give ole Nicholas Noel Boutet a run for his money. In fact, Napoleon I might well have hired you. Thanks for sharing and all your help over the years.

dave

Capper.
This gun is one of only two commissions I ever took. It is being built for a corporate executive whom I am not at liberty to name. I probably shouldn't say what it cost but the price would buy an decent home. It will be on exhibit in museums and fine art shows for years to come. After it is done I plan to write a book on the construction of it.
Just the barrels alone were a monumental effort for me. The barrels are silver brazed together along with the ribs in order that they could be fire blued after the gold work is done. Doing this without warping them is a real feat. I contacted some of the best barrel makers in the country but nobody could tell me how I might do it. A very good friend of mine, Dave Crisalli is a rocket engineer and helped me figure it out. I worked on that problem for about 6 months. Still they warped .010" and had to be straightened.
I made a whole set of other barrels just to experiment on.
It might be at the CLA show next year. It will be up to the owner.

jerry huddleston said:
Capper.
This gun is one of only two commissions I ever took. It is being built for a corporate executive whom I am not at liberty to name. I probably shouldn't say what it cost but the price would buy an decent home. It will be on exhibit in museums and fine art shows for years to come. After it is done I plan to write a book on the construction of it.
Just the barrels alone were a monumental effort for me. The barrels are silver brazed together along with the ribs in order that they could be fire blued after the gold work is done. Doing this without warping them is a real feat. I contacted some of the best barrel makers in the country but nobody could tell me how I might do it. A very good friend of mine, Dave Crisalli is a rocket engineer and helped me figure it out. I worked on that problem for about 6 months. Still they warped .010" and had to be straightened.
I made a whole set of other barrels just to experiment on.
It might be at the CLA show next year. It will be up to the owner.

Now i'm even more impressed. You have a very special talent Jerry. :bow:

Latest posts

Back