• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA Flintlock Doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

509thsfs

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Took this doe on 12/29 with my TVM Early Lancaster .54 cal. Took her at 60 yds. in Forest Co. PA

Sorry guys, been a while since I signed back on. I'll see about getting some pics of the rifle that were requested. Will post real soon. Matter of fact, I'll get it out now and see what I can do. Thanks for all the congrats.

Not the greatest pics, but best I can do right now and a number of you asked. TVM Early Lancaster in .54 cal (aka: Big Smokey).

Got it late 1999. Retirement gift to myself when I retired from the USAF in 2000. Taken a few deer with it since. Had a Traditions PA Longrifle in .50 cal (aka: Little Smokey) before that. Took a lot of deer with that .50 cal.

Been hunting deer pretty much exclusively with a flintlock since 1991.I Quit hunting regular rifle season 5-6 years ago and now just hunt the Muzzleloader seasons with the TVM Lancaster.

It'll shoot. Will do clover leafs at 50 yds and between 3-4 inches at 100yds. 90 gr Goex FFg, .530 hand cast ball and .10 patch. I use a little looser patch for hunting for easier and faster reload. A .15 patch makes it a bit too tight for a fast reload after 1st shot, and on the range it shows the combo works with no difference whether I use .10 or .15. In the field too :wink:

A little point of interest, to me anyhow. The frizzen cover I made myself. The "Wampum Beads" do have a meaning. I'm originally from the Pittsburgh area. The 3 white stripes stand for "The 3 Rivers".

Latest posts

Back