• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Painting a stock.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I painted my Antonio Zoli Remington's wife to make it look more. Correct

Attachments

• 0918221206a.jpg
    0918221206a.jpg
    3.8 MB
Gents, fortunately, no one has ever asked my shop to Cerakote a wooden stock. We are factory trained coaters. Glad that air dry Cerakote is little known! Yeah, we do plastic and metal stocks in Cerakote. But it bakes on....
We have a certain reverence for wood, as my other stockmaker, and myself are old.....
I DID paint a stock once, many years ago. A customer brought in a rotted stock from an old lever action that he had "restored" with Bondo and Marine Tex. Wanted it refinished "like new". I demurred, but he insisted. I painted it with a custom mix of automotive enamel to look like walnut, with some black and dark brown lines drawn into the wet surface
Customer was very happy, to my surprise.

Back