• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Parker productions traditional hunter conical

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hempstooge

32 Cal
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the parker productions traditional hunter bullets? They are pretty pricey at $16 for 10 bullets, they offer a 580 gr in .54 cal. They look promising but I haven't been able to find any reviews or seen anything about them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221212_230306_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221212_230306_Chrome.jpg
    638.5 KB
I haven't, but based on the picture, looks like a long bullet that will require a pretty fast twist to stabilize.

Without knowing what kind of rifle you are shooting and rate of twist, it's hard to say if these might work.

I've shot a lot of conicals and PRBs. I can say this...unless you are hunting grizzly or other very large and dangerous game, there is not much need for a 580 gr bullet.

That said, look for the post on the hog killed with a "No Excuses" conical. Now THAT'S a hole!!!

Well I have a 1:24 lymen GPR hunter it's designed for larger conical bullets, I've had a hell of a time finding something that I can shoot accurately out to 100 with more than 40gns of powder behind it. I have tried several different conicals ive cast without much luck. I think maybe a heavier longer bullet may do the trick, just at that price range that is pretty steep. I just went and looked at that post and that's devastating I may try those out instead!

Good luck. The "no excuses" look like good bullets.

I don't have any fast twist barrels, but my Pedersoli rifles at 1-65 shot ball-ets and 425 gr GP bullets extremely well. I had to use hollow base...no solid base without a wad, and I hate adding more components.

Ive tried lee r.e.a.l bullets, lymen great plaines, and maxi balls with and without wads, 3 different black powders and pyrodex starting at 40grns and working up to 90grns and ive only had the great plaines work with 40 grns of shuetzen 2fg. I've tried several minié balls out of my rifle as it has shallow grooves. I'm working out the kinks with the latest minié balls but I think they get a little messed up when I size them. I'll shoot a 4 inch group at 100 then have one hit 5 foot short of the target. This rifle has been a major pain, but I recently grabbed a .45 pedersoli gibbs and it's been awsome.

Back