• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Parlor pistols in canada.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering for thos who know what are the laws concerning muzzleloading percushion parlor guns in canada. after buying the latest edition of the backwoodsman, i liked the idea of the under hamer caplock pistol and wanted to aply this to a parlor gun build.

Any pistol, flint, percussion, or centrefire is considered a restricted weapon under the Firearms Act. You must have the same licence to possess a percussion pistol as you would for any other. Oh yeah ...

GO SENS !!!

mckutzy said:
I was wondering for thos who know what are the laws concerning muzzleloading percushion parlor guns in canada. after buying the latest edition of the backwoodsman, i liked the idea of the under hamer caplock pistol and wanted to aply this to a parlor gun build.

All the parlor guns I have seen were built as an inline action. They are fired by just the force of the exploding cap. I seriously doubt that an underhammer action would work very well as a parlor gun.

Randy Hedden

yeah interesting....as its like a airgun of sorts and you can have a airgun "pistol" without any license..

bessbattlesystem said:
yeah interesting....as its like a airgun of sorts and you can have a airgun "pistol" without any license..

Airgun rifles over 500fps need to be registered.GO DUCKS

Any device that has the "potential" to launch a projectile over 500 fps is retricted, or must be licensed.
That is how it was "DECREED" to me from the RCMP
firearms devision.
Best Regards
Old Ford

Any Pistol in Canada falls under the restricted or prohbetive wether perc or flint. It all depends on the length if it's a prohib or restricted. 4" and under for Prohib, anything over 4" and it is restricted. You can still get a restriced Lic, but you are SOL if you don't already have a prohib. F.K.

An airgun in Canada is described as a gun with less than 500fps muzzle velocity AND less than 5.7 jules of energy.
ALSO.... an original antique (pre 1897 and NOT one of the prohibited calibers, ex: .22) parlor pistol would not be covered by Canadian firearms laws.

the primer is the propellant , about as screwed as ATF law in the US FRED

Marstar Canada Is selling them and I'm preaty shure the state no Lic required. F.K.

If the velocity is under 500 feet per second it is not a firearm. Marstar sells those Remington pistols that fire a pellet using a percussion cap as propellent and they arn't firearms.

CPL.Parker,
I like you avitar.Do you have a larger photo of that one?Like to look at it in closer detail... :winking:

wow, they sure have alot of stuff at marstar, i havent seen there site in a while. if i get one of thoes little cap guns, ill let u guys know, altho im thinking on building one maby a litle bigger.

Latest posts

Back