• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patchbox gap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAN87

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello. First post (maybe second, tried on another thread but can’t find it?)

Anyway. Recently built my first flintlock, a Kibler woodsrunner and everything went fairly well for me being my first time. I do think I got a little over zealous trying to fit the wooden patch box annd over sanded as there is a little gap on top. Not very noticeable but I’m afraid rain may get in as I do plan to hunt with it. Any suggestions for a fix? I’ll include pics, one with a piece of paper in the gap as again it is hard to see unless you are at a specific angle.

Attachments

• IMG_5596.jpeg
    4.3 MB
  • IMG_5594.jpeg
    4.2 MB
Looks fine to me too. If you are concerned with it than as stated before beeswax would seal it. You do NOT want it too tight as if it swells you will NEVER get it open.

Back