• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PayPal anti gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes and if folks remember they were getting so bad, eBay moved to their own payment processor for listing; though you can still use paypal via them.

I had a similar experience to Mulebrain. I sold an original Jaeger rifle and the fellow paid with Paypal. They froze my funds, which I've always wondered how the heck they could do that legally, but I had just barely transferred the payment to the bank. I couldn't believe it. This was probably fifteen years or so ago.

I’ve often wondered that besides freezing accounts for firearms related transactions, if they also kept records of it available to the FBI, ATF , local law enforcement,ect. Another reason not to use them.

where thats when private and government seperate. For example if I received payment via paypal for a Colt Single Action Armory via PP and i sent it to a FFL nothing i did was illegal in terms of the FBI/ATF etc.

But it is against the private companies terms so they will get you by break terms of service; however you didn't do anything illegal so Government will not go after you.

Yes, you are correct. But nothing is stopping them from compiling info on you to be used at a later date.

For what purpose, if you are following the letter of the law than your fine. Paypal however can ban you and freeze the funds etc etc. When I used paypal the last thing i was worried about was the ATF/FBI as i knew the law and local laws and what I was doing. I was more concerned about Paypal messing with me .

Let me clarify- PayPal may keep your info available to the feds for evidence when some stupid anti gun laws are passed. Like the federal government illegally keeps a gun registry based off of background checks. They can’t use it now, because it’s illegal, but nothing will stop them from using it after some changes to the laws.

Let me clarify- PayPal may keep your info available to the feds for evidence when some stupid anti gun laws are passed. Like the federal government illegally keeps a gun registry based off of background checks. They can’t use it now, because it’s illegal, but nothing will stop them from using it after some changes to the laws.
That’s what every private company does, if they admit it or not. When in doubt, assume nothing you do on the internet is private.

I like using Paypal, and I'm careful not to mention anything gun related in the comments. I REFUSE to use the Friends and Family option. Should your package get lost or stolen, or the unscrupulous seller decide not to send the item you bought, you cannot get your money back. So the buyer has to pay a small dollar fee I'd add an extra dollar or two to the purchase price to guarantee I will get a refund through Paypal for the money I have spent. In the past, Paypal did give me a refund for a lost package.
Ohio Rusty ><>

I had PayPal simply cause at the time EBay required it for sellers. I dropped PayPal cause of their pinko commie rules and stopped selling on EBay for the same reason. If those red clowns even suspect it to be gun related they will take unjust action on your account, SCREW them and their commie mentality. 🖕🏻

I dropped my pay pal account when they put out that they could fine you up to $2500 for rules infractions.
How would they collect that pray tell.
I’ve bought numerous gun, gun related transactions thru them. I don’t however use their credit system nor keep funds in any of their accounts. They are simply an internet link for purchases made against my debit or credit cards. Convenient for me, so screw their politics.
This is one of those “ frequent threads”.

Back