• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pecatonica River or Log cabbin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian45662

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking to build my first rifle and I was wondering as to the quality of the stocks from Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply, Inc. and the Log Cabbin Shop. Do the stocks come from the same place or no?

I don't know where Log Cabin gets their stocks but the ones I've seen at their booth at the Western Nationals look well made.

I've bought stocks from Pecatonica River for over 12 years now and have yet to be disappointed.
The owner, Dick Greensides insists on producing only top quality stocks and selling top quality hardware. He is a great guy who will go out of his way to keep his customers happy.
The same can be said for the folks at Log Cabin in Lodi, Ohio too.

I'd go with Pecatonica. I have nothing bad to say about Log Cabin but like Zonie, I've had good luck with Pecatonica.
Ken

Dick at Pecatonica is a straight shooter all the way. I would have to go with him. Don't know about log cabin.

Here is another vote for Pecatonica. I have lost count of the number of stocks I have bought from the, and they were always top notch.

ian45662 said:
Looking to build my first rifle and I was wondering as to the quality of the stocks from Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply, Inc. and the Log Cabbin Shop. Do the stocks come from the same place or no?

Go with Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply, Inc. :thumbsup:

I know you aren't asking but have you considered a Chambers kit? I just did a build at Conner's Prairie and all I can say is I was amazed at the quality of the stock and parts.

If a dope like me can do it anyone can.

That being said I have heard good things about Pecotonica River as well. My next build will be another Chambers kit

Billy

I have given the chambers a thought but I figure since this will be my first build maybe I should go with something a little cheaper so a mistake wont hurt so bad

ian45662 said:
I have given the chambers a thought but I figure since this will be my first build maybe I should go with something a little cheaper so a mistake wont hurt so bad

I hear you, that sounds like good logic to me.

another vote for Pecatonica. I don't know much about Log Cabin but my collection of parts I got from Mr. Greensides were very good. Stock was great and i recieved great customer service. I talked to Dick on the phone and he gave me exactly what I wanted and made a good suggestion to me which I am happy with. :v

I have also bought three kits from Dick and his son. First class. Nothing but good to say about them. Always answer questions for a new boy, products good. Your answer is in the number of replys saying the same thing. I will order again from them. A word of advice from a new boy as well, go slow and do it once properly. The result of "just quickly" doing something is that you have to live with the result for a long time or redo it (not always easy) or sell it because your not happy and wish you had gone slow and done it properly. Sorry if im lecturing.
Regards
Dobson

got a mail from dunlap wood products and was informed by dunlap they sell stocks and or blanks
to pecatonica river.

got a mail from dunlap wood products and was informed by dunlap they sell stocks and or blanks
to pecatonica river.

I question the accuracy of this. Alot of the wood P.R. gets comes from Michigan. Perhaps a few special things come from them, but a small percentage at best.

I was out there last Monday and picked up a stock for a Bedford in a grade 4~5 CM that I ordered with a 44" barrel channel. Their workmanship is first rate, couldnt ask for a better group of people to deal with.

I also put together a set of parts and stock for a new deer rifle I want to build. You know... "while im here" :haha:

I can say that I have dealt with Dick at PRL and I cannot say enough good things about that service, and quality of materials.

Latest posts

Back