• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli .44 cal. pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Ford said:
Hi,
Can anyone tell me an appropriate size ball to shoot in the Pedersoli .44 Kentucky pistol?
Fred

A .44 Kentucky? I thought the Pedersoli Kentucky only came in .45, .50, and .54. In a .45 they recommend a .445 RB, a .010 patch, and 18 to 30 gr of powder (they don't specify granulation in the book I have).

Back in the late '60's and the '70's a lot of the black powder muzzleloader pistols (and some rifles) came with a .44 caliber bore.

That's why the folks at Speer and Hornady still make .433 diameter balls, even today. :)

Wish I had as much hair and color of hair as I did back in the 60's & 70's :(
Perhaps I will feel as youthful when I'm shooting this fine old piece.
I might even see if I can still find my old disco clothes while shooting it. :grin:
Fred

While your digging out your old cloths, don't forget to wear your shirt with the Nehru collar. :grin:

If you'r like most of us, putting on that old Nehru shirt will be like stretching a gnat's a$$ over a rain-barrel. :rotf:

Old Ford, I was watching that one on GB, glad you got it for a nice price.
My Green Mountain barrel in 45 shoots the same .433 diameter ball. May be a good idea to wait till you get the pistol and check the bore before you order.

Back