• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli announce a .54cal 'Hawken target rifle...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sold on big name barrels. The most accurate muzzleloader i have or have ever had is a Pedersoli flintlock, an off the shelf .50. From the bench rested fore and after, groups stay within dime size at 50 yards. I've never fired it at further distance. The downsides are that it has a patent breech and a 1:48 twist. That tiny group is with only 60 grains of 3F. A heavier charge opens the group too much for my liking so it will remain a 60 grain gun. Such is often the trouble with the 1:48s.

Back