• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Flint Pistol Trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Riegl

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Pedersoli Kentucky flinter in .50---it shoots well---however, the trigger is quite loose and dangles back and forth---somehow I don't really like this---what if anything can be done to "fix" this. :hmm:

The only way I can see to do it is to weld or solder more material to the top of the trigger to take up the space between the trigger and the sear bar. Mine is loose too... I haven't done anything to fix it.

I got one a few weeks ago. The trigger has got much better with use. I put a chunk of wood in place of the flint and practice a lot.(working on flinch) But after much use the trigger has gotten much better.
Old Charlie

I fixed a similar problem on a rifle by inserting a piece of rubber between the top of the trigger in front of the pivot and the stock; acts like the trigger springs found in English shotguns to keep the trigger in very light contact with the sear bar. If the space is too large for a piece of rubber, try a spring from a ballpoint pen cut to fit. Of course if the trigger geometry won't permit this, ignore my advice (you're probably smart to do this anyway...)

Back