• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin madden

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a Pedersoli Kentucky pistol (flintlock in .54 caliber).
Has anyone had good luck with this make?
And who sells Pedersoli guns for the lowest price?

:hmm: Outside of a 12 lb trigger pull---the lock fires and the gun shoots--Try Cherry's for a good price. :thumbsup:

Condider a TVM TN pistol. Among numerous other improvements you'll get a much better lock and the barrel will be pinned to the stock as it should be. My Pedersoli KY was OK when it was a companion to a Cabelas Hawken but I became less enamoured with it as my awareness of the better stuff evolved. This is not an elitist view, I am only suggesting that you might want to start with something you will always be happy with. :v

Thanks, PvtC ”” That's good advice, especially the part about getting something a little more expensive that one will always be happy with!

Ive got a Pedesoli Kentucky pistol in .50 perc and its very good in the accuracy dept. :thumbsup:

I have a Pedersoli kentucky piatol in .45 caliber. I did a little stoning on the lock and trigger to improve the trigger pull. The gun is very accurate at 25 yards. But I have to agree, the idea of holding the barrel to the stock with a screw is unnecessarily cheap. I guess you get what you pay for.

I built a Bounty Kentucky last year. Essentially it is just a longer barrel version of what you are talking about. I did away with the single lever trigger, inletted a single set - well worth it. Did a couple of other things to it to make it what I wanted. Accuracy - it is very good. Search some old pasts from last winter, I put up some photos and comments about this one, might be worth looking at.

I have another comment about Pedersoli flintlocks. The vent on my .45 caliber pistol is
far too low. Drilled below center on the barrel flat. The smallest amount of primer was almost too much.It took a lot of effort to keep the primer from covering the vent. The Pan is very thick so I ground it down quite a bit. It has no hesitation now.
Evidently this is common for Pedersoli flintlocks, both rifles and pistols. Mike Nesbitt has an article in this month's Muzzleloader Magazine in which he reviews a Pedersoli
Indian Trade Musket and he comments about the vent being at the bottom of the pan.

Back