• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky Rifle Breech

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaky Roof

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Forgive me in advance, as I am afraid this has probably been discussed at some point, however I just can't find it using the search. It's starting to wear a computer dummy like me out!

I have a Pedersoli Kentucky rifle in .32 caliber. I understand it has a narrow channel of something under .200" running fore and aft connecting the breech to the flash channel? I know it's there because I keep getting things stuck in it trying to keep it clean.

Does anyone know the actual diameter and length of this channel and have you devised an efficient tool or method for cleaning it?

Thanks folks!

Leaky Roof

Leaky I have Ped Frontier .. that had a breech plug that had about a .25 inch diameter powder chamber before we reemed it out to about .30 cal. It was also well over an inch in depth. My advice is if you do not wanna rheem it then use a 25 cal brush to clean it out with or form you a scraper that size to clean it with.

Here is a link to a thread on some info on it. :hatsoff:
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.../post/167936/hl/pedersoli+breech+davy/#167936[/url]

Davy

Last edited by a moderator:
Davy

Thank you for the help and information. I will give your suggestions for a brush and scraper a try. I have no ignition issues, I just don't feel like I am getting it as clean in there as I want it, and I was unsure about the diameter of the channel. I appreciate your reply.

Leaky Roof

Back