• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unplugging patent breech? Loaded rifle…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had any problem with a patented breech because when i clean it i pull the nipple and add dish det to a coffee can and add boiling water and use a patched ram rod and suck up hot soapy water and drive it home hard 10 times flushing and then rinse down the bbl with just water from the tea kettle. Completly let it it cool then use the moose milk to get any left overs out then bore butter it lightly. SOLVENT and a lil brush the threads of the nipple and a piece of a pipe cleaner wuth solvent on it.(I make my own) 1part acetone/1part kerosene/1 part mineral spirits/1 part atf dextron 2/ makes a gallon a quart each -glass gallon jug.THEN i dab never sieze on the nipples thread-re-install.WD,S NEVER OIL NEVER in bbl leads to shellac on wds after and oil=gum after dry.

Back