• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Mortimer,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
got me some good eating.

mortipheas006.jpg

I took these birds early am after getting in my natural blind before light. They came by real close, I love that. Seeing them so close and all natural is a real treat in my opinion.

Hope you like the photo.

Brits :hatsoff:

Nice picture... :thumbsup: Is the PM choked? What load did you use?

Good going Brit !!
:hatsoff:

I like hearing of the different ways of hunting game...sounds like taking Pheasants from a blind is similar to one of the ways Turkey are hunted here.
What is the normal approach there for Pheasants from a blind?
PRB's or dense patterns of medium size pellets for head/neck shots, or very large pellets for full body shots?

MikeC said:
Nice picture... :thumbsup: Is the PM choked? What load did you use?

No Mike it is not choked, cylinder.

Gents, I used 1&1/4oz of English 6 shot on a divided fiber wad and a wee bit less powder per volume.

A PRB does do it and does! The distance in both cases was less than 7yds!! This blind I have used is an old holly bush that some years roosters pass. Some years it is better than others and I often blank. Squirrel and fox sometimes pass too.

Most folk over here would most probably cus at me for hunting this way but I never was one for following the herd! :hatsoff:

Brits.

Way to Go Brits! :thumbsup: ..Nice looking birds..Great Picture...
Not to worry... we hunt turkeys here the same way....
Enjoy the season....dan

Excellent, Brits. You make me envious. Nothing I like more than hunting pheasants, but I live just a bit south of their range.

Enjoyed the picture, you always do a great job with your photography.

Spence

George said:
Excellent, Brits. You make me envious. Nothing I like more than hunting pheasants, but I live just a bit south of their range.

Enjoyed the picture, you always do a great job with your photography.

Spence

Your handy and others of course with a camera too :hatsoff:

Spence, I am happy to spend a few hours in there listening watching. The setting sun will illuminate the floor under the canopy. Small birds come and go often ignoring me. I watch my dog curled up on a bed I make just for her. She detects for me.

When something passes you see it totally in a natural state. Absolutly priceless IMO :thumbsup:

A little forgotten corner others ignor, my little piece of parradise :hatsoff:

B.

Back