• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Navy Moll and Kentucky flinters opions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmdrted

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello gentleman, I need opions experiences for the Pedersoli flinters .45 . i ask because these are on the shortlist for flinter pistols to match up a .45 cal rifle I recently ordered. I've seen the short threads here for the Kentucky version, I'm a little apprehensive as the bore may not be "classic 440 but could be other. Also the Navy pistol they have is simply a work of art, or at least the picture is. It may be worth the extra bucks for this on.

Have two Pedersoli flintlocks. These are not in .45 cal but are .54 cal. FIRST FLINTLOCK I ever loaded and never have had a missfire yet! ( knock on wood)! These pistols are well made and pretty darn accurate. :thumbsup:

I have had a flint .54 Kentucky pistol for a few years and it is an accurate shooter that sparks well. About the only "beef" I have with it is the heavy trigger pull. I've stoned it but it still is a hard trigger...
Well made and good fit and finish overall...

The Pedersoli Kentucky Flintlock does have a stiff trigger from the factory, I had a trigger job done and it helped a lot. It sparks well and for the price I have no compliants with it. I am using .440 balls, .015 patches and 22 grains of 3F.

The Pedersoli Charles Moore is about double the price of a Kentucky, but it is a nice pistol and I really like the trigger and it will shoot rings around the Kentucky.

With the design of the Charles Moore, it qualifies as a Kentucky pistol in the NMLRA matches.

For fun the Kentucky is fine, for serious winning I would go with the Charles Moore.

RDE

Latest posts

Back