• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Remington Pattern "Target"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MC One Shot

40 Cal
Reaction score
Bought a NIB Pedersoli Remington Pattern Target pistol .44 cal the other day from an acquaintance of a friend for almost half the price of new. An opportunity I could not resist. Just waiting for it to arrive at my door. I understand that they are accurate as long as the shooter does his part.

Mine needed a lot of work to make it as good as it could be.
Pretty unusual for them to be at their best from the factory as they are not tuned, but rather just assembled like all their other guns, to my knowledge.

I'm giving some thought to lining my cylinders and line boring to .36 cal along with fitting a new barrel.
The paddle trigger is very good but I still think it could have a better barrel than what came from the factory.

I bought a Chris Haygerman tricked out ROA to .36 with sleeved cylinder, Shilen 7" 9MM barrel and replacement sights.

I do not know what metal he used in sleeving the cylinder, but you better head to the cleaning table as soon as you finish shooting or the liners will rust very fast.

Also a .360 ball will not shave lead when seating, have to go to a .362 ball for shaving.

Learned lessons.

M.D. said:
Mine needed a lot of work to make it as good as it could be.
Pretty unusual for them to be at their best from the factory as they are not tuned, but rather just assembled like all their other guns, to my knowledge.

It is my understanding that these revolvers are already tuned and lined up.

I seriously doubt it for the price the Pietta's go for.
A good and thorough tune up job cost some bucks.
My target Rem Pietta needed a lot of help and I bought it new.

I apologise for my confusion but when you say Remington Target do you mean the one with adjustable sights?
Why I ask is I have a Pietta Remington Competition which has standard iron sights to keep it within MLAIC 'Spirit of the Original' classification.

My bad, I didn't read it well enough, was under the impression it was a Pietta target.
Perhaps the Pedersoli's are tricked out.
I could tell in short order if I had one in my shop for a few minutes.

Back