• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Remington Pattern

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan18

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just purchased a Pedersoli 44 caliber Remington Pattern Target revolver; any thoughts on the piece. From what I been told I will need some work on the action trigger. Will take delivery of it soon.

A couple of years ago I had an opportunity to run several rounds through a Pedersoli Remington - wasn't mine. Nice shooter. My education on cap/ball revolvers then was not what it is now. Because of that I don't know just how good it was but, I remember being impressed with it. However, I am often impressed with my Uberti 1858 New Army and from what I have seen, you can buy 4-5 Uberti Remingtons for the price of one Pedersoli. I own a Perersoli side X side that I wouldn't part with for anything, fine shotgun. But, when it comes to their revolvers, I just can't see how the high cost is justified, maybe it is, don't know. I really would like the opportunity to shoot one side by side with a Uberti, Pietta or similar and see just what the difference is. Maybe when you get it you could run this test and let the rest of us know what you find. :peace:

Thanks for the input. I have a Ruger Old Army, a Euroarms Rogers/Spencer and a Pietta Remington 1858. All these were purchased used in great shape, some unfired. The Ruger O/A I bought new in the "70's. All revolver have function well for me. I have owned a few Pedersoli and enjoy their older firearms. As for the Pedersoli Remington Pattern I should receive it tommorrow; it also is a preowned revolver, about 50 rounds thru it, I have been told. The price was decent as I would not even consider the purchase of a new one. I cerntainly will give my thoughts on all pistols concerned.

After your first outing with it, put some of your observations up here for us, I would be interested in knowing what an experienced cap 'n ball revolver guy thinks of the Pedersoli Remington.

I received the Pedersoli Remington Pattern recently, but have not been to the range as of yet. The revolver is a used one in excellant condition, sight ring marks on the cylinder. The action is very smooth, with a light trigger with no creep. Wood to metal fit is super. All metal in a matte finish, nice looking and feel with the grips. When I fire it I'll send in a report, I believe the revolver was discontinued by Pedersoli, although the show it in their web site.

If DP discontined that revolver it must have have been recent decision. I got one of their catalogs direct from Italy last year, the Remington was listed in there along with another revolver they were making - a Star I believe.

Back