• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelvalek

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ive been shooting BP since my High School days. My first was a T/C Hawken Kit in 45 cal. I still have that rifle. Shooting took a back seat to the USAF, Marriage,Kids and a few job moves.Well...we've finally settled in Arizona and the bug has stuck me big time. I took my boys shooting with my old T/C. They love that rifle. I gave it to my youngest son because I finished it on his future b-day in 1984, he was born in 2003.
My older son has the flintlock rifle I made in 1986. Any way I finally made a purchase of a finished rifle , the Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken in 54. it should arrive soon. I love spending time with my boys in the field.Now that they know the joys of BP shooting I'm sure they will carry one the family joys of the shooting sports.

Welcome to the forum and back into the shooting fold. You will love the Pedresoli Rocky Mountain Hawken. My boys used to shoot with me but like you their lives got in the way too. Miss those times but the memories remain.

Welcome Mike.

Now that's a nice story and a heck of a way to get back into the sport. A beautiful rifle it will be!

Pictures are required here or you will be branded a maker-upper.

And as for the boys and grits, "just say no."

Me? I have the image on my PC, I go to my Photobucket account where I upload it by pointing to the file on my PC, from Photobucket I "get link" for that particular image once it's uploaded, then I copy the IMG Code and paste it into the thread. Ta da!

just opened a PB account after seeing a few others here. on the Colt Fourm I can take them directly from my file. Photo link soon.

photo1_zpsd9a217a6.jpg.html

Welcome to the site Mike! Don't feel pressured to post pics just to appease someone. If you say you shot a sasquatch, I want to see a pic before I'm likely to believe it. If you are just saying "howdy" and you have a black powder rifle or two, I'll take your word for it. :grin:

Someone always comes along, raises a stink, and puts a bigfoot in their mouth... Abominable! I had yeti to hear of anyone who'd even think of shooting a sasquatch... till now.

'course you don't HAVE to post a photo. We just LIKE pics of guns in their birthday suits. Plus if ya don't it didn't happen...

:wink:

Welcome again!

Good luck on the Pedersoli Rocky Mt Hawken. I bought the first one at Cabelas and after shooting it discovered a defective barrel. The gun would not group and it shredded patches, regardless of the thickness or load. It went back and was replaced. Same problems. Thanks to Cabelas for the second refund, shame on Pedersoli for letting two guns leave the factory that shouldn't have. The gun was absolutely beautiful but the best group I got was 9-10 inches at 50 yds with a benchrest. Not acceptable at all.

You could see the chattermarks just inside the muzzle extending down to an inch or more inside the muzzle made from the broaching tool. Cabelas agreed with me when they looked at it. I have broken in rifles before, but these were both defective.

Latest posts

Back