• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedosi flint lock musket?s

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gettysburg63

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking at the model 1795 and model 1816.
Was wondering how accurate are they made as being orig.

I'm not going to get into the accuracy debate here because, although not pound-for-pound, inch-by-inch and thread-by-thread I am out of the league with our amazing best and brightest. However...

...consider their Charleville 1763/6. It is the same gun for all intent and purpose (the 1795 Springfield was copied from the "Charleville's") and it is period correct for Rev War and arguably later.

And don't forget the bayonet. A musket MUST have it's bayonet!

:wink:

accuracy will depend on you. to find right ball, patch a, charge then the sighting. I have a pedro brown bess. 730 bore. found 715 rb, 20 thou patch, 85 gr. 3 f puts it 6 in hi at 25 on at fifty. but I added a hight blade to the front bayonet lug. first mike the bore.

I guess you are inquiring about the Pedersoli guns.

It depends on what you want to do with it. For me I would chose the 1763/6 as Alden says but I don't do reenactments. If I were into reenacting I would chose the 1816 Harper's Ferry or the 1816 Harper's Ferry Colt conversion because they are approved by the N-SSA.

In my opinion three banded muskets are accurate because you have three bands to work up a sight picture. Pedersoli smoothbores shoot very well. Jethro, Manyklatch and myself all shoot Pedersoli Brown Bess muskets. I will shoot mine until a find a good three band musket!

Gents, I believed he was asking about the historical accuracy, not shooting accuracy.

They're all equally (in)accurate.

Now a bayonet -- that never misfires or misses. If it doesn't strike the heart it'll at least strike fear in it!!! Just wait til the "cease-fire" to go downrange and stab your target please...

Latest posts

Back