• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

peep sight for t/c cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One just went yesterday on Ebay for $78, original for the Seneca/Cherokee. The ones at CTD are for the Hawken/Renegade, which may work with modification, I suppose. :hmm:

Since I am not familiar with the cherokee why is the Lyman 57 SML too big? DO you have a picture? Ron

The TC Seneca and TC Cherokee take a rare and hard to find TC peep that is much smaller than the larger more common TC peep that fits the Hawken & etc. I have one that cost me $150 for one new in wrapper. Have not seen another one since.

Why can't a guy just make a adapter for it? Or is this a cosmetic thing? Ron

Idaho Ron said:
Why can't a guy just make a adapter for it? Or is this a cosmetic thing? Ron
the cherokee is smaller than the hawkens and renegade . the barrel is smaller in diameter.

If you don't require a fancy one like has been talked about already, and just need something to help you aim better, you might try muzzleloader builders supply. They have just a plain old fashioned peep sight like might have been used years ago. Part numbers are 21110 Johnson peep sight, 21200 and 21210 for the different size aperatures. Will fit a cherokee.

Need to drill or have drilled for you the mounting screw holes. As far as exact placement, you would need to play around, see what works for your eyes. Probably as far back as possible. Can tape it to the barrel, move it around, once you find what works, mark your holes.

You may be able to mount a base to your existing sight holes with holes to match the sight. This will limit the placement options somewhat.

It mounts on the tang using the rear tang screw and if the tang does not already have the second hold need to have a gunsmith drill and tap it. Once the rear sight is removed a plug screw can be used. TC rifles used to come with the hole already drilled and tapped and a plug screw in it right from the factory.

Rat Trapper said:
It mounts on the tang using the rear tang screw and if the tang does not already have the second hold need to have a gunsmith drill and tap it. Once the rear sight is removed a plug screw can be used. TC rifles used to come with the hole already drilled and tapped and a plug screw in it right from the factory.
what sight are you talking about?

The Johnson peep sight mentioned is barrel mounted and should be adaptable to the Cherokee. You may need to slot one of the holes :idunno:

bubba15301 said:
Rat Trapper said:
what sight are you talking about?

The TC peep!

the t/c sight for the cherokee is impossible to find and way out of my budget. i am looking for something else that will work.

Latest posts

Back