• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pennsylvania flint

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weasel

40 Cal.
Reaction score
hi to everyone I wonder if any of you out there know anything about pedersoli pennsylvania flint rifle I own several blue ridges and one kentucky all in flint and can find no info on the pa. flinter what size flint does it take? the kentucky uses small pistol flint, ignition is great but I prefer the bigger lock. any info will be much appreciated glad to be back after bein away for a couple of seasons weasel

Hey Weasel:

Just gettin' back myself after a long dry spell.

The rifle itself will tell you the correct flint you should be using. The fling should be the same width as the frizzen face and of sufficient length so as to be almost touching the closed frizzen, about 1/2 to 3/4 up on the striking surface, from the half-cock position.

Watch yer topknot
Shoot Flint
Toomuch

P.S. Adjust [bevel up or down] to make the shower of sparks to fall into the center of the pan.

I thought most of the Pedorsoli rifles had the smaller lock except for the Blue ridge or whatever they call the Pedor. modle that is like the Cabelas.

I believe you're right TG, the Blue Ridge and the Jager have the large locks which can use up to a 7/8" flint but all the others have the small lock which take the little 5/8" flint size.

Hello,

My first post to this forum, just joined today. I have two Pedrsolis, one is borrowed. My PA rifle is newer than the one I am borrowing, by about 4-5 years. The lock on mine is slightly taller and much heavier. It can also take the 7/8 flint. It is huge but it sparkles evrytime! :thumbsup:

Scott

Latest posts

Back