• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion Vs flintlock for hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think shooting Flinters makes one a more disciplined marksman.This can carry over into into other shooting areas, which is a good thing.
I like em all!

Ok boys

I felt kinda under pressure here (chuckle).
I bought a TC Hawken flintlock with 54 cal barrel and 62 smoothie in a sweet package deal from one of our members here. Will arrive in couple of days.

We were required to use a flintlock in our late deer season here in PA; so that's what I started with. I don't think I would even do it if it had to be a caplock. Can't explain it but if it isn't a flinter it has no appeal what so ever to me.

I started my muzzle loading lifestyle with a caplock hawken back in 93. I still like caplocks for what they are, sometimes hunt with my rifled muskets. Flintlocks have become my " go to" gun for most of my shooting now. JA

Started with a caplock and was dieing to get a flintlock. You and the flinter seem to bond together as you work out the loads and get her sighted in. Now when I hunt deer or hogs, its the only rifle I carry.

Back