• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PH and REAL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hocuspocus

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried a REAL style in a PH ? Man for a repro they put some work into them

In an attempt to meet Le Breton's request, Tony traveled to the museum at Enfield to record the dimensions of original rifle muskets and the tooling used to manufacture them. To his delight, the museum director allowed him to take a set of original Enfield master gauges back to Parker Hale.

One of the nice touches of the Parker Hale series of muzzleloading Enfields was the replication of Enfield progressive depth rifling, which tapers evenly from .015 deep at the breech to .005 at the muzzle. All P53 Enfields manufactured after 1858 had progressive depth rifling. Parker Hale used modern manufacturing methods to recreate this old-style rifling. Progressive rifling in Parker Hale barrels was "cold hammer forged" around a sliding mandrel to insure the proper depth.

In keeping with Le Breton's instructions to do a perfect reproduction, Parker Hale lockplates were color case hardened the old fashioned way, in bone charcoal. Most modern reproduction guns are colored by a chemically induced surface coloring.

I have had two PH Rifles, the .451 Volunteer, and a three band .58 cal.
All I can say, is outstanding workmanship!
Silly as I am, I traded them off...a long time ago.
What a mistake!
The .451 took a moose,one shot, and was really accurate at the longer distances, but was very particular to load and shoot accurately.

Old Ford

Latest posts

Back