• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pheasants Knocked Out Of The Sky With My SxS!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
410-er said:
Nothing beats hunting roosters with a double stove pipe. :thumbsup:

Tom,

You sure got that right! Especially when one of the centerfire guys missed with both of his barrels, THEN I knocked it down with my 10 ga. :shocked2: .

An ounce & 3/4 of 7.5 does the trick & smacks them good. For the entire hunt, I only used the right barrel, firing just once per bird. My left is choked a little, so I saved that one for any surprise flushes, etc. :grin: .

Certainly did make some new friends. And the nice part is that after I proved myself on the first bird of the day, they were kind enough to wait for me to reload my barrel a couple times before they sent the pointer in to locate the next bird. No sense in rushing anyways, as the hedgerows were just stocked that day, and no one wanted the day to be "over" any sooner than it already was.......when we harvested the last bird that was stocked! Between the three hunters, we got all 11 birds that were put out for us in our part of the farm.

Dave

There is no other way to have as much fun makin smoke and droppin birds over a good dog! :thumbsup: Thanks for a good story and good luck on your deer hunt!
Dusty :wink:

it's a beautiful thing isn't it? the last 3 weeks or so of pheasant season i got 4 with my original SxS. just wonderful.

Dusty, The Medic and the Captain,

Thanks for the encouragement! Our hunt for deer is now scheduled for Monday due to bad weather coming in tonight :( so let's hope that I can get some sleep before then. I'm a little anxious and looking forward to some meat for the freezer!

Dave

Back