• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pictures of a patched roundball in flight ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if those ball were fired by compressed air, being so clean and no smoke or flame in sight. That would make for a better photograph in a photo lab.

Think you are right on Phil. I've seen pictures like this of balls fired with BP and the flame is obvious and dramatic. Wish I could remember where I saw them. And, the action of the patch was identical to these photos.

That does seem to be. The red line is different in each picture, with the second picture having more redlines. Burning powder is lighter than the ball and patch, so it travels faster. That is just my .02 cent opinion.
Being lighter than the ball it should slow down much quicker than the ball.

Latest posts

Back