• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pictures of my CVA Frontier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william cook

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I saw this CVA Frontier in 50 cal. for sale at a good price($120.00) and thought it was time to get back to muzzleloading.It was used and abused but is in a little better shape now.The stock was so plain and I had these tacks and as you can see is the rest of the story.I hope you like it,if not that's o.k.too! Bill.

Thank's for the positive responses. I took it to the range today but it began to rain so I only got a couple of shots off(patched round ball).I forgot how good black powder smells in the morning!A good day any how!

+1. Subdued (if not actually the right kind of tacks). And you saved its life... Welcome back!

I like the tacks a lot. only thing I see wrong with it is the rear sight is bass-ackwards. better luck on yer next range trip. luck & have a good'en, bubba.

I think a browned barrel might be next but have never tried it before,anyone have any advice? Bill.

You can search "The Gun Builders Bench" area of our forum.

There are hundreds of posts about browning barrels and furniture. Use our search engine and put in the word "browning".

Also, at the top of the index page is this link to the instructions for browning with Laural Mountains browning agent. It's pretty inexpensive and easy to so if you have a humid room available.

Here's a link to the article
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/212853/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using one (in flint) since 1978 (my first muzzleloader), great tack driver and meat gitter.
Still in service for competition and hunting, I'll never get rid of it.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

It looks very nice!, I like the smaller tacks, they look good on it, those big headed tacks just don't do it for me :barf: .

:doh: Yeah,I put the sight on correctly,thank's for the heads up on that!This is what the other side look's like.

Thank's,I have a deep respect for the Native Americans and their way of life,just wanted to personalize my gun!Bill.

Looks very nice. I had one once when I was a young un and it shot fine. I traded it for a Thompson Center and it didn't shoot a dang bit better. Good score and good luck with her!

Back